When you start up Microsoft Excel you will see a blank Worksheet like the one below.
- Text – This is just a piece of non-processed information such as the title for a cell, a label or some instructions to the user.
- Numbers – Numbers are the basis of an Excel spreadsheet, and are manipulated by the worksheet formulas
- Formulas – A cell containing a formula performs some sort of action dependent on the content of the formula.
- Pressing Enter will take you to the same column on the next row.
- Pressing Tab will take you to the next column on the current row.
- Pressing the Arrow Keys will move the insertion pointer in the appropriate direction.